Product Brief: Dash Core Release v0.13.0
If you have not yet read our announcement on the release name changes, please check it out here.
Dash is a global payments network with its own cryptocurrency offering businesses and individuals instant payments for less than a cent per transaction. Our goal is to provide users with a better way to pay and get paid. We are in the process of rolling out a series of upgrades to our system dubbed “Evolution” to make Dash the most user-friendly blockchain-based payment network in the world.
Available to anyone who wants to use it, the system runs on a distributed governance system operated by a network of masternodes. Masternodes enable Dash’s fast, secure payments by reaching consensus via “quorums” on the validity of transactions.
Our development team recently introduced several network upgrades to Testnet which, after sufficient testing, we plan to introduce to Mainnet in Release 0.13.0. This release focuses on improving consensus methods on the network. It includes:
- Automatic InstantSend, which will improve the speed of most transactions at no additional cost;
- A deterministic masternode list to provide a single source of truth for clients validating transactions;
- Special transactions to accommodate non-financial transactions on the blockchain;
- A third masternode key to enable delegation of masternode voting; and
- Several improvements to private transactions.
Read Full Article: